Eli is awesome.

So much to talk about!                                                                                                      12/5/2011
I feel bad that I have not been updating as much as I want to because there have been so many things to tell. First I want to talk about Eli, it seems that he has grown up sooooo much within the past couple weeks. He is talking so much, and so good! If he wants something, he can actually ask for it, he is even saying please when asking for stuff. Not a lot, but we are working on that. It is funny when he wants me to do something but does not know how to ask. For example, I have a tin of buttons sitting on top of the china cabinet. They are just used buttons that were cut off clothes. It was something that my Great-Grandma Brotherton had collected for me. When she babysat me, I loved to play with the buttons. Well, Eli loves to play with them now too. So, when he wants to play with the buttons he will come find me and take my hand. If I am sitting down, he will tell me “up mommy”. I get up and he holds my hand, walks me over to the china cabinet, points to the top, and says “buttons”. The first couple times I let him play with the whole tin of buttons, but that was always a huge mess, now I give him about 4-5 buttons to play with. The funny part is that I have no idea where the buttons end up. I know when I do a good cleaning of the house (behind furniture) I will find a lot of buttons lol.
He is also currently obsessed with my bottles of nail polish. I left them out one day when Aidan painted my toenails (will explain that later) and Eli found them and has been playing with them ever since. I have realized that it good for him though. When he plays with them, I will ask him what color they are, it seems to have really helped him with learning his colors. He will take about 5-10 bottles and carry them around in a bucket, they move them from the bucket into a tin, then move them into some other container he can find.
For some reason he keeps calling Derek, Gabe. I think he does this because it is easier for him to say. So I have started trying to get him to call Derek, O’Flynn. He seems to like trying to say that better, but he has only done it a couple times, so we will see how that works out.





No comments:

Post a Comment